Office Hours: October 7, 2022
Mixing Light Contributors Joey D’Anna, Zeb Chadfield, and Jamie Dickinson join host Patrick Inhofer in leading a Mixing Light Office hours discussion. Today’s discussion includes:
- What is the “Forward OOTF” option in CST?
- How many hours would I need to do an HDR grade pass for a feature film?
- How would you tackle a documentary series (8 Episodes) shot with several cameras?
- What is the important metric for render-cache speed in hard drives?
Table of Contents
(bold = member question)
Mentioned in this Insight:
In the order they were released, here are the three related Insights about color grading single clip exports mentioned in this Insight:
- Working Color-Managed In A Flat File Workflow – Patrick’s Insight mentioned at 45:20: “Learn how to tag a single clip with multiple ‘input color spaces’ in DaVinci Resolve when executing a ‘flat file’/preconformed workflow.”
- Color Management For Preconformed Workflows With EDL Clip Names – Joey’s Insight: Using Resolve’s Edit Index and EDL comments, you can prepare a preconformed timeline for color management much easier than you think.
- Colour Space Detective for Flat File Workflows – More Tips and Tricks – Jamie’s Insight: “Learn how to tag a single clip with multiple ‘input color spaces’ in DaVinci Resolve when executing a ‘flat file’/preconformed workflow.”
- Insight Series: DaVinci Resolve’s “Pre-Conformed Workflow” – All three Insights are included in this ongoing series of Insights with tips, tricks, and approaches to color grading from a single rendered exported clip.