Learning Baselight LOOK/Student, Part 19: The DSpot and Paint Operators
In this insight, learn how the DSpot and Paint operator empowers you to fix dead pixels, dust, and grain in your image. Learn how to customize individual operators to tweak these adjustments to meet your needs!
Both operators can be used to fix problems across an entire shot or just for a frame. But they work differently, and in my experience, you sometimes need to switch between them depending on if the fixed area has motion moving through it.
Key takeaways from this Insight:
By the end of this Insight, you will understand the following:
- How to use the DSpot tool to fix dust, grain, or dead pixels
- How to use the Paint tool to fix dust, grain, or dead pixels
- How to customize the individual DSpot and Paint strokes to refine your fixes
- Dust Busting – Removing Dirt In Resolve – Dust Busting in one of those tools you don’t know exists in Resolve. Dan shares his tips on how and when to use it in the grade.
- Removing Unwanted Elements Using ResolveFX Revival Plugins – Do you want to remove artifacts from dirty lenses or distracting objects? These ResolveFX can help you in Resolve Studio.
Questions or Comments?
We only have one more Insight in this series on getting started with Baselight LOOK/Student! Let me know if you have any questions or comments about this Insight or the series in general. Would you like to see more Baselight Insights here on Mixing Light? Now’s a good time to let us know.
Sorry... the rest of this content is for members only. You'll need to login or Join Now to continue (we hope you do!).
Need more information about our memberships? Click to learn more.Membership options
Homepage › Forums › Fixing Dead Pixels And Image Artifacts in Baselight
This is the discussion thread for the Insight: Fixing Dead Pixels And Image Artifacts in Baselight
Log in to reply.