Note: This Livestream was recorded on January 7, 2022 with a live audience of Mixing Light members. The URL to participate in these Livestreams will be posted in the Mixing Light Member Event Calendar. At the time of recording, our Livestreams will be publicly available on our Facebook page and YouTube channel. Replays will only be available to active members of the Insights Color Library.
RCM, CST, Komodo, Parashoot, GPUs, and more…
This is Team Mixing Light’s first attempt at a new format for Office Hours. We’ve turned it into a live-to-tape help desk for our members. This go-around, Patrick is joined by Mixing Light Contributors Joey D’Anna, Cullen Kelly, and Rich Roddman.
We start the conversation with the four colorists each sharing a small tip or recent work experience. Then we dive into our very first member question about manual color management in the node tree. It’s a 15-minute conversation. Then we take questions from the Members-only Studio chat room bouncing between on-set questions and gear questions.
Mentioned in this Insight
- Xencelabs Quck Keys – Programmable wifi jog wheel
- Loupedeck Consoles – Programmable control surfaces
- Profit First Book – Rethinking how to approach money management for your business
- Hedge – On-set media management
- Shotput Pro – On-set media management
- Silverstack – On-set media management
- Parashoot – Free video offloading software
- Joey’s Custom ACES node-based color management series
- Peder’s Shared Node and Group Grades Insight – This includes a section on using the Color Space Transform (CST) node, applied to multiple shots sharing the same settings
- Patrick’s Color Mangled Workflow Insight – Patrick’s first look at the Color Space Transform node and using it to replace Lookup Tables (LUTs)
Questions or Comments?
We are very excited about this format. But the real question is: Do YOU like it? Let us know in the comments below! And if you have suggestions on how we can improve it, definitely leave those comments as well.