Answering Member Questions – 11 May 2023
Mixing Light Contributors Joey D’Anna, Ryan Nguyen, and Zeb Chadfield join host and Mixing Light CEO Patrick Inhofer in leading this Office Hours LIVE! discussion. The conversation included:
- Office Hours Video Questions – Jump the queue and get your questions answered
- Improvements to Mixing Light forum personalization controls, profiles, notifications, and more!
- Dolby Vision Theatrical Trims Tool, HDR Master –> SDR Trim
- DaVinci Resolve 18.5 Relight tool as a flexible addition to color workflows
- Can an iPad be used as a color grading control surface?
- Why physical control surfaces keep you focused on the creative image
- Why are Rec. 709 (scene) set as default color spaces in DaVinci Resolve
- Gamma 2.2 vs Gamma 2.4 vs Rec. 709 (scene)
- Will a Rec. 709 camera feed look right on Rec. 709 gamma 2.4 monitor?
- Managing color pipelines on set and finding hidden color management assumptions
- Problems (and solutions) with linear fades/dissolves in log color space
- DaVinci Resolve’s new native live streaming functionality for client review
Mentioned in this Insight
- Media Production Show (UK)
- Symply Transporter – “S3 native portable storage appliance… [with] rugged eight-bay desktop design with dual 25Gb Ethernet interfaces.“
- Mixing Light Insight – Ideas For Using The Resolve 18.5 Relight Effect
- Mixing Light Insight – Using The ResolveFX Relight Plugin With The Fusion Page
- Tangent Element VS – iPad Tangent Control Surface
- Mixing Light Insight – Gamma 2.2 vs Gamma 2.4 – How, Why and When (in DaVinci Resolve)?
- PDF: Dr. Charles Poynton Open Letter – A 2010 plea for defined Gamma OETF, about a year before BT.1886 was ratified, as shared in the Live Chat for this Office Hours.
- Light Illusion Forums
- Light Illusion – Data vs. Legal Range TV Levels
Table of Contents
(bold is a member question)