Part 2: Breaking down the Fun Histogram Fuse
Make sure to first watch A Deep Dive Into Creating Fuse Effects for DaVinci Resolve Part 1 as this Insight builds upon everything we learned there.
In Part 1 we learned some of the basic building blocks of Fusion Fuses, we learned how to install Fuses, and we discussed when Fuses are the right tool for the job, and when it’s simpler to rely on Fusion Expressions and Macros.
In this part we write our third and final Fuse. This Fuse, called Fun Histogram, is an interactive animated overlay. It reads RGB values in the image and renders stylish moving bars on top of the source video.
This plugin goes beyond the capabilities of Expressions and Macros. The speed of the effect processing and the clean user interface rival OFX plugins, yet this Fuse is fast to create and easy to modify.
Is Typing is Not Your Thing?
Premium Mixing Light members can download the Fun Histogram Fuse so you can experiment with the code, deconstruct it, and otherwise perform your mayhem with it, gaining a deeper understanding of the code.
Key Takeaways from this Insight
By the end of this Insight you should learn:
- How to create a complex Fuse effect
- How to use Fuses directly on the Resolve Edit page
- The Fuse Plugin Guide and Reference Manual – July 2022 – If you want to gain proficiency in writing Fuse plugins, then this first-ever reference guide is invaluable (even if it does contain some errors)
Related Mixing Light Insights
- A Deep Dive Into Creating Fuse Effects for DaVinci Resolve – Part 1 of this Insight series.
- Creating Your Own Fusion Effects in DaVinci Resolve 17 – Get an overview of how you can create your own ‘plug-ins’ for DaVinci Resolve’s Edit Page with its new Fusion Effects functionality.
- Building and Re-using Fusion Setups and Macros in DaVinci Resolve – Learn how to build (and re-use) your Resolve Fusion comps as Groups and Macros. Plus, choosing which settings are exposed on the Edit Page.
- How To Build A Custom Fusion Title Template from Start to Finish – Part 1 – VFX specialist and trainer Bernd Klimm joins Team Mixing Light and shows how to create a custom Fusion title template to use on the Edit Page
Questions or Comments? Leave a comment!
Did these two insights get you curious about Fuses? Do you have any of your own Fuses to share with the community? I’d love to hear from you!
Sorry... the rest of this content is for members only. You'll need to login or Join Now to continue (we hope you do!).
Need more information about our memberships? Click to learn more.Membership options
Sorry... downloads are available for Premium Members only.Become a Premium Member
Homepage › Forums › Deep Dive Into A Complex And Fast Fusion Fuse Effect For The Edit Page
This is the discussion thread for the Insight: Deep Dive Into A Complex And Fast Fusion Fuse Effect For The Edit Page
Log in to reply.