Office Hours LIVE! Talking with Jason Rosenfeld of MediaLight
Mixing Light Contributors Daria Fissoun, Ryan Nguyen, and Peder Morgenthaler join Mixing Light CEO Patrick Inhofer to discuss bias lighting with Jason Rosenfeld of MediaLight.
As our contributors discuss, you’ll learn that bias lighting is a deep topic that leads us to cover many topics important to colorists. Everything from monitor tech to your eyes.
About Scenic Labs, MediaLight, and CEO Jason Rosenfeld
Jason Rosenfeld founded Scenic Labs, which manufactures MediaLight Bias Lighting (BiasLighting.com) and publishes the Spears & Munsil Ultra HD Benchmark. Despite over 20 years of publishing calibration programs such as Joe Kane’s Video Essentials, Digital Video Essentials, Picture Perfect and S&M, Jason only recently got his ISF Level III certification.
His company focuses on products that close the gap between production and home viewing environments.
Today’s Topics Include:
- The history of lighting tech
- How different devices render colors more or less accurately
- Best practices for setting up bias lights
- How the eye responds to light
- Grading room setup tips
- And plenty more…
Mentioned in this Insight
Related Mixing Light Insights
- Office Hours LIVE! LUTs, Color Management, HDR, and Cinema Workflows
- Tips For Avoiding (and Solving) Gamma Shifts On MacOS Renders – Avoid the Mac Gamma Shift problem on your exports with this step-by-step guide to consistent color management in DaVinci Resolve on a Mac.
Questions or Comments? Leave a comment!
Is this Insight useful to you? Let us know! Mixing Light is all about community discussions and we’re curious if you found this helpful, if you have something to add, or if you need more questions answered?