Office Hours LIVE! Answering Member Questions – 16 August 2023
Mixing Light Contributor Scott Stacy, CSI, and Office Hours host Patrick Inhofer discuss common mental and emotional health issues in the post-production industry, specifically focusing on the pressures and criticisms professionals can face in the line of duty.
Today’s discussion includes:
- Mixing Light update – Looking for member assistance!
- Help make Mixing Light more searchable
- How Scott’s post-production career began as a creative side hustle to clinical psychology
- Why it’s important to pay attention to your emotions
- Understanding other people through the lens of personality types
- If you’re hysterical, it’s historical – how past templates shape current interactions.
- Strategies and tactics for dealing with difficult clients, in the moment
- How to recognize when you need outside help
If you’d like to be part of the team refining the Mixing Light categories system, please use the Contact Us page and put Mixing Light Strike Team in the subject line.
Quote of the Day:
Mentioned in this Insight
- Scott Stacy Contributor Archive – Enjoy more of Scott’s contributions from earlier in the life of Mixing Light
- The People Code – Dr. Taylor Hartman’s book on the different motivational personality types people tend to fall into.