Ergonomics Part 2: Making Your Desk Look Professional (with a word about monitor mounting arms)
In Part 1 we explored the various moving parts for building an ergonomic work desk, using the recent rebuild of my grading suite as an example. But when building your desk there are other considerations you need to keep in mind. One of them… is keeping your workspace looking professional. This can be especially challenging with a sit-to-stand since any mess of wires normally hidden under your desk become fully exposed in the stand position. Here in Part 2, you’ll learn how to neatly wire your sit-to-stand desk. We’ll also talk about the two different types of monitor mounts I used, and why I bailed out of using the first set of mounts I bought.
In the Video Insight below I cover quite a few products, from wire ties to under-desk power strips. I’ve listed them below, with links, to help you easily find these products:
- UPLIFT Adhesive Readjustable Cable Tie Mounts (pack of 10)
- UPLIFT Adhesive Readjustable Cable Tie Mounts (100 Pack)
- Command Medium Cord Clips, Clear, 4-Clip
- IKEA – SIGNUM Cable management, horizontal, silver
- MIDDLE ATLANTIC – Slim Power Strip, 24 Outlet, 15A