Dealing With Timecode : When The Rushes And Proxies Don’t Match
The worst thing that can happen when time is against you is that when you try and conform a job. You click to load the XML and nothing relinks at all. This can be for many reasons but I find more often than not these are always timecode based. Then you have that fear inducing moment when you look at the EDL and realise all the timecodes are 00:00:00:00 and your camera rushes have the correct timecode.
This insight focuses on the issue of when media has been badly or mis-transcoded and the timecode tracks are either wrong or don’t exist.
Obviously the first plan of action would be to call the editor and see if it can be worked out on their end but if the editor is unavailable or you simply don’t have enough time to get your timeline resupplied then this insight is for you. I used to eye-match edits that had issues like this but I found that trying to emulate the error with the Proxy files used in the edit has given me much quicker and easier fixes.
Check out the video below to find out more!