Eric Bowen Answers Our Questions: Part 2
We had so many questions in our original series about moving from the Mac to PC, that Eric and I chatted for nearly 90 minutes. Part 1 of this Insight covered the first 45 minutes of our conversation, this Insight covers the last 45 minutes. We are picking directly up, mid-conversation.
Your Questions Answered. In this Podcast…
- How to you spec out a computer for on-set workflows that cover the full gamut of codecs, cameras and workflows?
- New MacPro (trashcan) vs PCs for DIT setups
- What is the biggest requirement for DITs when selecting a computer platform?
- Custom building PC laptops for media professionals
- Closed & Open Loop water cooling in professional PC workstation?
- Why not just buy a gaming rig?
- BIOS Settings: What impact do they have on post-production PC workstations?
- How voltage settings optimize memory performance (and real time playback and render speeds)
- How do you determine your battery backup needs?
- Do you measure VA rating or Watts rating?
- What is the difference between initialization load vs utilization load
- The importance of providing 100% initialization load for your battery backup
- Why you need 100% power initialization on boot and what happens if you under-power your battery backup?
- What is Line Interactive Universal Power Supply vs Stand-by UPS?
- Sine Wave vs Simulated Sine Wave: Which should you use?
- How does an GPU Expansion Chassis magically provide full-bandwidth performance (or not)?
- What should you put in a GPU Expansion Chassis?
- Ryzan, DDR5, PCIe4: Quick thoughts about these emerging techologies